Toronto Circus Centre Policies and Procedures
Last Update: August 31, 2020
In order to ensure safety during the COVID-19 Pandemic our team reviewed procedures from organizations including American Circus Educators (ACE), En Piste, Gymnastics Ontario, ACTRA, Toronto Public Health and The Government of Ontario.
We are in Phase 3: where fitness studios and gyms and playgrounds may open, with physical distancing in place.
- Students and staff are screened daily by self or parent at home, then again before entering the circus.
- Hands are sanitized upon entry.
- Circus is open with limited capacity and adapted programming.
- Masks must be worn by everyone aged 4 and above. Instructors/students must maintain distance of minimum 6 ft except during spotting or an emergency.
**WE WILL UPDATE OUR POLICIES AS NEW GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES ARE RELEASED.**
- Disinfecting surfaces
– Proper cleaning will take place between each class or party. Props will be sanitized between each use.
- Additional ventilation
– Venue door will remain open during training whenever possible to allow for additional ventilation
- Wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds.
– All participants are expected to wash their hands: upon entering the venue, touching any surfaces, using the washroom, after sneezing or coughing into elbow and before leaving.
– Sanitize hands before and after using aerial equipment or props.
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet physical distance from fellow students and staff including entering and leaving the space and using the washroom.
- Changing entrance and exit procedures
– We are limiting access to the main space to maximum 15 students at a time, spaced 6ft apart.
– 15 minutes has been scheduled between each training session to avoid crowding and maintain safe distance during cleaning.
– Please do not arrive early for your class, come on time.
– All participants MUST wash their hands and sanitize any equipment being used immediately upon entering the space.
– Training times will start and end on time, including rigging, warm-up and cool down. Please respect these times to allow us time to adequately clean between sessions.
- Limiting participants to ensure physical distancing
– All training sessions will be limited to an absolute maximum of 15 participants, not including the supervisor/ coach.
– No spectators (for parties, this means only the party parents may stay in the space)
- All reservations and payments must be made online.
– This means no drop-in lessons unless prebooked online at least 24 hours in advance and all payments are to be made via e-transfer when possible
- Refund Policy Due to COVID:
– If you make a cancellation due to COVID-19 related sickness, you will be expected to remain away from the studio for a minimum of 14-days afterwards.
– In case a supervisor is sick, we reserve the right to cancel any training session on short notice. You will be notified via email. Please check your spam folders.
– There will be no refunds offered at this time. If the venue has to close due to COVID-19, coaches will transition to a Zoom flexibility/at home strength class until it is safe to return in person.
- Participants are encouraged to use their own aerial equipment
– TCC Staff can give suggestions on where to make a purchase
- Dress Code, injuries and personal items.
– All participants are expected to arrive in clean, appropriate training attire. Long pants/ leggings to the ankle and fitted long sleeved shirts are preferred.
– In accordance with current Toronto Public Health by-law, you must wear a mask when entering, exiting and moving around the space. All persons must leave personal belongings in their bag and leave it in the designated zone for personal items.
– All persons with open wounds must disinfect and cover them before arriving at the training space. The protection/covering must be able to withstand training and last until the person leaves the space.
– No food in the space with the exception of camps and parties.
– All outdoor shoes must be removed by the entrance.
Refrain from touching your face.
We recommend you bring:
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Yoga mat
- Full water bottle (refills are not suggested at the venue)
All participants must acknowledge & sign standard and COVID-19 waiver section of the registration form & abide by all new policies and procedures, including not attending training with any symptoms of sickness and/or within 14-days of coming into contact with someone who is sick and/or within 14-days of having traveled out of province. We reserve the right to remove any person displaying any symptoms of sickness and/or who does not respect the policies and procedures of the space or the Conduct Policy as lain out on the registration forms.
Still have questions? Get in touch!